(1) The Council may make by-laws fixing reasonable charges for admission to—
(a) The sports-grounds on the city reserves known as the Basin Reserve, Kelburne Park, Anderson Park, Newtown Park, and the Duppa Street Park, and any other sports-ground constructed or hereafter to be constructed out of loan-moneys on any public reserve in the city.
(2) No such by-laws shall authorize charges to be made for admission to the Basin Reserve sports ground for more than sixty days in any one year, and for admission to any other sports ground for more than thirty days in any one year.
(a) Such by-laws may authorize charges to be made in respect of the said Zoological Gardens on any day, including Sunday:
Provided that the question of making a charge for admission to the said Zoological Gardens on Sunday shall first be submitted to a poll of the electors of the City of Wellington, and until a poll in favour of such a charge being made is carried no by-law imposing such a charge shall be made. Every such poll shall be taken in manner provided by the Local Elections and Polls Act 1908.
(4) The provisions of paragraph (d) of section twenty-nine of the Public Reserves and Domains Act 1908, shall not apply to any of the sports-grounds or zoological gardens affected by the provisions of this Act.
(5) The provisions of sections three hundred and forty-eight, three hundred and forty-nine, and three hundred and fifty-one of the Municipal Corporations Act 1908, shall, so far as they are applicable, be read together with and form part of this Act.
(6) The power to make by-laws vested in the Council by virtue of the provisions of this section, and all other powers given by this Act, shall be in addition to all powers which are now or hereafter may be vested in the Council under or by virtue of the Municipal Corporations Act 1908, or any other Act.
Subsection (2) was substituted, as from 11 December 1937, by section 2 Wellington City Empowering and Amendment Act 1937 (1937 No 17(L)).
Subsection (2) was further substituted, as from 2 November 1951, by section 2 Wellington City Empowering and Amendment Act 1951 (1951 No 6(L)).
Subsection (3) was substituted, as from 6 November 1924, by section 12 Wellington City Empowering and Amendment Act 1924 (1924 No 19(L)).
Subsection (3)(b) was repealed, as from 9 September 1954, by section 2 Wellington City Empowering and Amendment Act 1954 (1954 No 10(L)).