The following shall be deemed to be included in the cost of constructing the said railway, to which any money of the said loan shall be deemed to be applicable:—
(1) The costs of determining and surveying the line of the railway.
(2) All other costs incidental to the construction of the railway and approaches thereto.
(3) The cost of rolling-stock and other necessary equipment of the railway.
(4) The cost of acquiring Maori or other land for the use and occupation of the same.
(5) The cost, to an amount not exceeding $440,570, of acquiring Maori or other lands lying within the boundaries described in the Schedule to The Maori Land Alienation Restriction Act 1884.
(6) The cost of raising the loan.
The reference to
“Maori” was substituted, as from 27 November 1947, for a reference to
“Native” pursuant to section 2(2) Maori Purposes Act 1947 (1947 No 59).
Subsection (5) was amended, as from 16 September 1889, by section 2 North Island Main Trunk Railway Loan Application Act Amendment Act 1889 (1889 No 33), by substituting the reference to
“two hundred and twenty thousand two hundred and eighty-five pounds” for the reference to
“one hundred thousand pounds”. The reference to
“$440,570” was substituted, as from 10 July 1967, for a reference to
“220,285 pounds” pursuant to section 7(1) Decimal Currency Act 1964 (1964 No 27). See section 3 North Island Main Trunk Railway Loan Application Act Amendment Act 1889 (1889 No 33), as to how additional sum is to be applied.