Queenstown Reserves Act 1905

Queenstown Reserves Act 1905

Public Act1905 No 48
Date of assent31 October 1905

An Act to revest certain Reserves at Queenstown in His Majesty the King.

BE IT ENACTED by the General Assembly of New Zealand in Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1 Short Title
  • The Short Title of this Act is The Queenstown Reserves Act 1905.

2 Lands in Schedule vested in Crown
  • The lands described in the Schedule hereto are hereby transferred to and vested in the Crown for public purposes, freed and discharged from all trusts and reservations affecting the same.

3 Certificates of title thereto to be cancelled
  • The certificates of title issued in respect of such lands are hereby cancelled, and the District Land Registrar at Dunedin shall call in and cancel such certificates.

4 Repeal

Schedule

ALL that piece or parcel of land lying on the northern shore of Lake Wakatipu, situated in the Town of Queenstown, extending in length from Hay Street to the south-western boundary of the township reserve, and in breadth from high-water mark of lake to a line 1 chain distant from the frontage-lines of Blocks VIII, XXVI, XXVII, and XXVIII, exclusive only of the area occupied by Section No 1 of Block XVII; and also all that piece or parcel of land situated in the Town of Queenstown, and on the north-eastern shore of Queenstown Bay, extending in length from Block XIV to Horne Creek, and in breadth from high-water mark of lake to a line parallel to the frontage-line of Blocks III and XXV, and 1 chain distant from same, exclusive only of the area occupied by Section No 1 of Block LI.

Also all that parcel of land containing 33 acres 1 rood 11 perches, more or less, situated in the Provincial District of Otago, being the parcel of land described as Peninsula Reserve on the record map of the Town of Queenstown deposited in the office of the Chief Surveyor at Dunedin.

Also all that parcel of land situate in the Town of Queenstown, being block numbered 52 on the map of the said town, containing by admeasurement 3 acres 2 roods, more or less. Bounded towards the north-west by Horne Creek, one thousand two hundred and twenty (1220) links; towards the north-east by Camp Street, three hundred and ten (310) links; towards the east by Frankton Road, three hundred and fifteen (315) links; towards the south-east by Park Street, seven hundred and eighty (780) links; and towards the south-west by Park Reserve, two hundred and thirty-nine (239) links: be all the aforesaid linkages more or less.