(1) Bylaws under this Act may be made, amended, or revoked by any society in the manner prescribed by section 11 of the principal Act, and not otherwise.
(2) No such bylaw, and no amendment or revocation of any such bylaw, shall have any force or effect until it has been approved by the Governor-General. Every such bylaw, amendment, or revocation, on being so approved, shall take effect from the date of such approval or from any later date specified in the bylaw or amendment or instrument of revocation, as the case may be.
(3) A copy of every such bylaw and every amendment thereof, and a notice of every such revocation, shall be forwarded by the society to the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries who, on being satisfied that the same has been duly made by the society and approved by the Governor-General, shall, subject to the provisions of subsection (4) of this section, publish it in the Gazette at the expense of the society.
(4) In any case where a society makes any such bylaws which, in the opinion of the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries, contain substantially the same provisions as those contained in bylaws of any other society previously published in the Gazette under subsection (3) of this section, the Minister at the expense of such first-mentioned society, may publish in the Gazette a notice setting forth—
(5) Publication of a notice under subsection (4) of this section shall be deemed to be due compliance with the provisions of subsection (3) of this section relating to the publication of bylaws in the Gazette.
Section 4A was inserted, as from 13 December 1979, by section 2(1) Agricultural and Pastoral Societies Amendment Act 1979 (1979 No 72).