Whereas the lands hereinafter described form portions of provisional State forests set apart by Proclamations published in the Gazette of 8 May 1919 and 25 March 1920 and are now subject to the provisions of the Forests Act 1921–22:
And whereas it is desirable that the said lands should be set apart for national park purposes under and subject to the provisions of Part 1 of the Public Reserves, Domains, and National Parks Act 1928:
Be it therefore enacted as follows:
(1) The reservation for provisional State forest purposes over the lands hereinafter described is hereby cancelled, and the said lands are hereby set apart for national park purposes under and subject to the provisions of the Public Reserves, Domains, and National Parks Act 1928, and are hereby declared to form part of the Sounds National Park.
(2) The lands to which this section relates are particularly described as follows:
Firstly, all that area in the Otago Land District, containing by estimation 18 000 acres, more or less, situated in the Hollyford, Caples, and Greenstone Survey Districts: commencing at a point on Cascade Creek due east from Mount Madeline—bounded, towards the north by Cascade Creek; towards the north-east, north, and east generally by Run 471, Tutoko Creek, Hollyford River, and Pass Creek; towards the north by Caples Survey District; towards the east generally by the forest line; towards the south and west by Run 418; towards the south-east by the Southland Land District; thence towards the south, north-west, and west generally by the forest line to the point of commencement. As the same is delineated on the plan marked L and S 4/676, deposited in the Head Office, Department of Lands and Survey, at Wellington, and thereon bordered red.
Secondly, all those areas in the Southland Land District, containing together by estimation 30 440 acres, more or less, and described as follows:
All that area, containing 29 100 acres, situated in Eglinton, Swinton, Clintonside, and Greenstone Survey Districts: bounded towards the north by the Land District boundary (Gazette 1924, p 1582); towards the east generally by the bush edge; and towards the south by a right line running due west from the highest point of Winton Peak in Block II, Swinton Survey District; towards the north-west, south, and south-east by the bush edge; towards the west by the Sounds National Park (Gazette 1905, p 544); again towards the north by the bush edge; and again towards the west by Eglinton and Clinton Survey Districts; again towards the north by a right line between the highest points of Mount Eglinton and Moffat Peak; and again towards the west and the north-west by the bush edge: save and excepting out of the above-described area Lakes Fergus and Gunn.
Also all that area, containing 1 340 acres, situated in Clintonside Survey District; and bounded generally towards the east and south-east by the east branch of the Eglinton River; and towards the south-west, west, and north by the bush edge.
As the same are delineated on the plan marked L and S 4/676A, deposited in the Head Office, Department of Lands and Survey, at Wellington, and thereon bordered red.