(1) The purpose of a conservation management plan under this section is to establish objectives for the management of any wildlife sanctuary, wildlife refuge, or wildlife management reserve, or any combination of them.
(2) Nothing in section 41 of the Reserves Act 1977 shall apply in respect of the subject matter of any conservation management plan.
(3) Subject to subsection (4), for the purposes of this section, sections 17E (except subsections (1), (4), and (6)), 17G, 17H, 17I, and 17N of the Conservation Act 1987 shall, with any necessary modifications, apply with respect to conservation management plans.
(4) Where a draft conservation management plan under this section relates to a wildlife sanctuary, wildlife refuge, or wildlife management reserve established on land other than land of the Crown, the Director-General may determine that the provisions of paragraphs (a) to (j) of section 17F of the Conservation Act 1987 (as applied by section 17G(1) of that Act) shall not apply in respect of that plan.
(5) All management plans approved under this Act before the commencement of this section shall be deemed to have been approved under this section.
Section 14E: inserted, on 10 April 1990, by section 68 of the Conservation Law Reform Act 1990 (1990 No 31).
Section 14E(3): amended, on 25 November 1994, by section 3 of the Wildlife Amendment Act 1994 (1994 No 109).