(1) Every Fish and Game Council shall, through the New Zealand Fish and Game Council, recommend for approval by the Minister a draft set of conditions it considers should be included in the notification of an open season for game for its region under subsection (4).
(2) The New Zealand Fish and Game Council shall, if satisfied as to the form of the notice, submit it for the Minister's approval.
(4) As soon as practicable after the draft notice is approved by the Minister, the New Zealand Fish and Game Council shall publish that notice in the Gazette.
(5) At any time during an open game season declared under subsection (4), the notice published in respect of that season may in like manner—
(6) Every person who hunts or kills any game during a close season commits an offence against this Act and is liable on conviction to the penalty set out in section 67E(3).
Section 15: replaced, on 13 March 1996, by section 4 of the Wildlife Amendment Act 1996 (1996 No 2).
Section 15(6): replaced, on 15 October 2000, by section 8 of the Wildlife (Penalties and Related Matters) Amendment Act 2000 (2000 No 43).