(1) The Minister may from time to time delegate in writing to the Director-General or to any other officer of the Department any of his powers under this Act, including the power of delegation conferred by this section.
(1A) The Minister may from time to time delegate in writing to any body or person such powers as he may have under or pursuant to this or any other Act relating to the day-to-day control and management of any wildlife sanctuary, or wildlife refuge, or wildlife management reserve.
(2) Subject to any general or special directions given or conditions attached by the Minister, the person to whom any powers are delegated under this section may exercise those powers in the same manner and with the same effect as if they had been conferred on him directly by this section and not by delegation.
(3) Every person purporting to act pursuant to any delegation under this section shall, in the absence of proof to the contrary, be presumed to be acting in accordance with the terms of the delegation.
(4) Any delegation under this section may be made to a specified person or to persons of a specified class or may be made to the holder or holders for the time being of a specified office or of specified classes of offices.
(5) Every delegation under this section shall be revocable in writing at will, and no such delegation shall prevent the exercise of any power by the Minister or by any other person making the delegation.
(6) Every delegation made under this section by the Minister or by any other person holding any office shall, until it is revoked, continue in force according to its tenor, notwithstanding the fact that the Minister or other officer by whom it was made may have ceased to hold office, and shall continue to have effect as if made by his successor in office.
Section 44(1): amended, on 1 April 1987, by section 65(1) of the Conservation Act 1987 (1987 No 65).
Section 44(1A): inserted, on 19 September 1980, by section 8 of the Wildlife Amendment Act 1980 (1980 No 17).
Section 44(1A): amended, on 10 April 1990, by section 79 of the Conservation Law Reform Act 1990 (1990 No 31).