(1) Without limiting the generality of section 44C, the Board shall have all such powers as may be reasonably necessary or expedient to enable it to carry out its functions.
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), the Board may—
(3) In exercising its powers and functions the Board shall have regard to any views expressed in writing by the Minister and addressed to the Board.
(4) The Board shall not release its annual report for public information until it has furnished the report to the Minister in accordance with section 44K.
(5) The power conferred by subsection (2)(b) shall include the right to appear before courts and tribunals in New Zealand and be heard on matters affecting or relating to the Board's functions.
Section 44E: inserted, on 17 May 1993, by section 4 of the Wildlife Amendment Act 1993 (1993 No 39).