(1) Subject to subsections (2) to (5), every member of the Board shall hold office for a term of 3 years.
(2) Any member of the Board may at any time be removed from office by the Minister for bankruptcy, inability to perform the functions of the office, neglect of duty, or misconduct.
(3) Any member of the Board may at any time resign his or her office by writing addressed to the Minister.
(4) If any member of the Board dies, resigns, or is removed from office, the vacancy so created shall be filled in the manner in which the appointment to the vacant office was originally made, and the person so appointed shall be appointed for the residue of the term for which the vacating member was appointed.
(5) Unless a member sooner dies, resigns, or is removed from office, every member of the Board shall continue in office until that member's successor comes into office, notwithstanding that the term for which that member was appointed may have expired.
Section 44G: inserted, on 17 May 1993, by section 4 of the Wildlife Amendment Act 1993 (1993 No 39).
Section 44G(2): amended, on 1 January 2002, by section 70(1) of the Human Rights Amendment Act 2001 (2001 No 96).