(1) Every person commits an offence against this Act who, in New Zealand, aids, incites, counsels, or procures the doing or omission in any place outside New Zealand of any act, if that act or omission—
(a) is punishable under the provisions of any law corresponding to section 6, 9, 12A, or 12AB and in force in that place; or
(b) would if done or omitted in New Zealand constitute an offence against section 6, 9, 12A, or 12AB.
(2) Every person who commits an offence against this section is liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term—
(3) Notwithstanding anything in section 7 of the Summary Proceedings Act 1957, where any person is summarily convicted of an offence against this section, the District Court may sentence him to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or to a fine not exceeding $2,000 or to both.
(4) It is a defence to a charge under paragraph (b) of subsection (1) if the doing or omission of the act to which the charge relates was not an offence under the law of the place where it was, or was to be, done or omitted.
(5) Nothing in subsection (1) or subsection (4) shall derogate from any provision in the Crimes Act 1961.
Compare: 1965 No 45 s 5A; 1970 No 27 s 3
Section 10(1)(a): amended, on 22 June 2005, by section 9 of the Misuse of Drugs Amendment Act 2005 (2005 No 81).
Section 10(1)(b): amended, on 22 June 2005, by section 9 of the Misuse of Drugs Amendment Act 2005 (2005 No 81).
Section 10(3): amended, on 1 April 1980, pursuant to section 18(2) of the District Courts Amendment Act 1979 (1979 No 125).
Section 10(4): amended, on 12 May 1998, by section 4 of the Misuse of Drugs Amendment Act 1998 (1998 No 14).
Section 10(6): repealed, on 1 September 1999, by section 111 of the Extradition Act 1999 (1999 No 55).