This Act is administered in the Department of Justice.
1 Short Title and commencement
3 Computation of time of payment
9 Repeal and saving
An Act to amend the Bills of Exchange Act 1908
BE IT ENACTED by the General Assembly of New Zealand in Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
(1) This Act may be cited as the Bills of Exchange Amendment Act 1979, and shall be read together with and deemed part of the Bills of Exchange Act 1908 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act).
(2) This Act shall come into force on the 1st day of January 1980.
(1) This subsection substituted s 14(a) of the principal Act.
(2) Section 13 of the Statutes Amendment Act 1946 is hereby consequentially repealed.
(3) In respect of bills drawn and notes made before the 1st day of January 1980, the principal Act shall have effect as if this section had not been enacted.
(1) Section 12 of the Statutes Amendment Act 1946 is hereby repealed.
(2) Without limiting the provisions of the Acts Interpretation Act 1924, it is hereby declared that the repeal effected by subsection (1) of this section shall not affect the amendments made by subsection (2) of section 12 of the Statutes Amendment Act 1946 to section 93 of the principal Act.