Reprintas at 1 August 2012
Road User Charges Amendment Act 1979: repealed, on 1 August 2012, pursuant to section 95(1) of the Road User Charges Act 2012 (2012 No 1).
Changes authorised by section 17C of the Acts and Regulations Publication Act 1989 have been made in this eprint.
A general outline of these changes is set out in the notes at the end of this eprint, together with other explanatory material about this eprint.
This Act is administered in the Ministry of Transport.
1 Short Title and commencement
2 Confirmation of increases in road user charges
3 Confirmation of change in allocation of motor spirits duty
4 Motor vehicles exempted from principal Act
5 Road user charge rates
ScheduleNew Schedule 3 to principal Act
An Act to amend the Road User Charges Act 1977
BE IT ENACTED by the General Assembly of New Zealand in Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
(1) This Act may be cited as the Road User Charges Amendment Act 1979, and shall be read together with and deemed part of the Road User Charges Act 1977 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act).
(2) Section 9 of this Act shall come into force on a date to be fixed by the Governor-General by Order in Council.
(3) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, this Act shall come into force on the day on which it receives the Governor-General's assent.
As required by section 20 of the principal Act, the Road User Charges (Rates) Order 1979 is hereby confirmed.
As required by section 188A of the Transport Act 1962 (as inserted by section 28 of the principal Act), the Transport (Allocation of Motor Spirits Duty) Order 1979 is hereby confirmed.
Subsection (2) was repealed, as from 1 April 1982, by section 2(3) Road User Charges Amendment Act 1981 (1981 No 29).
(3) This subsection amended sections 14(2) and 15(2) of the principal Act
(4) Section 21 of the principal Act shall not apply in respect of the substitution, by subsection (1) of this section, of a new Schedule 3 to the principal Act.
(5) The Road User Charges (Rates) Order 1979 is hereby revoked.
Subsection (1) was repealed, as from 22 December 1980, by section 4(3) Road User Charges Amendment Act 1980 (1980 No 71).
Subsection (2) was repealed, as from 28 October 1995, by section 4(2) Road User Charges Amendment Act 1986 (1986 No 77).
Subsection (2) was repealed, as from 28 October 1986, by section 14(5) Road User Charges Amendment Act 1986 (1986 No 77).
Section 13 was repealed, as from 1 June 1984, by section 20(2) Transport Amendment Act (No 2) 1983 (1983 No 33).
This Schedule was repealed, as from 22 December 1980, by section 4(3) Road User Charges Amendment Act 1980 (1980 No 71).
2About this eprint
3List of amendments incorporated in this eprint (most recent first)
This is an eprint of the Road User Charges Amendment Act 1979. The eprint incorporates all the amendments to the Act as at 1 August 2012. The list of amendments at the end of these notes specifies all the amendments incorporated into this eprint since 3 September 2007.
Relevant provisions of any amending enactments that contain transitional, savings, or application provisions that cannot be compiled in the eprint are also included, after the principal enactment, in chronological order.
This eprint has not been officialised. For more information about eprints and officialisation, please see http://www.pco.parliament.govt.nz/eprints/ .
Road User Charges Act 2012 (2012 No 1): section 95(1)