This Act is administered in the Inland Revenue Department.
1 Short Title and commencement
2 Conveyance duty
3 Increase in financial limits for first farm exemption
An Act to amend the Stamp and Cheque Duties Act 1971
BE IT ENACTED by the General Assembly of New Zealand in Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
(1) This Act may be cited as the Stamp and Cheque Duties Amendment Act 1982, and shall be read together with and deemed part of the Stamp and Cheque Duties Act 1971 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act).
(2) This Act shall come into force on the 6th day of August 1982.
(1) This subsection inserted subss (2B) and (2C) in s 15 of the principal Act.
(3) This section shall apply to every instrument of conveyance executed on or after the 6th day of August 1982.
Subsection (2) was repealed, as from 17 March 1988, by section 7(2) Stamp and Cheque Duties Amendment Act (No 2) 1988 (1988 No 16).
(1) This subsection amended s 22B(7) of the principal Act.
(2) The Stamp and Cheque Duties (First Farm Exemption) Extension Order 1981 is hereby consequentially revoked.
(3) This section shall apply to every instrument of conveyance of farm land or shares in a farming company executed on or after the 6th day of August 1982; but where more than one instrument of conveyance is executed in respect of the same transaction, this section shall apply only if the earliest instrument is executed on or after that date.