Reprintas at 1 August 2012
Road User Charges Amendment Act 1984: repealed, on 1 August 2012, pursuant to section 95(1) of the Road User Charges Act 2012 (2012 No 1).
Changes authorised by section 17C of the Acts and Regulations Publication Act 1989 have been made in this eprint.
A general outline of these changes is set out in the notes at the end of this eprint, together with other explanatory material about this eprint.
This Act is administered in the Ministry of Transport.
1 Short Title and commencement
3 Confirmation of increase in road user charges
4 Road user charges rates
Schedule 1New Schedule 1 to principal Act
Schedule 2New Schedule 2 to principal Act
Schedule 3New Schedule 3 to principal Act
An Act to amend the Road User Charges Act 1977
BE IT ENACTED by the General Assembly of New Zealand in Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
(1) This Act may be cited as the Road User Charges Amendment Act 1984, and shall be read together with and deemed part of the Road User Charges Act 1977 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act).
(2) Subject to subsection (3) of this section, this Act shall come into force on the day on which it receives the Governor-General's assent.
(3) Section 4(4) of this Act shall be deemed to have come into force on the 15th day of June 1984.
As required by section 20 of the principal Act, the Road User Charges (Rates) Order (No 2) 1984 is hereby confirmed.
(1) This subsection substituted Schedules 1 and 2 to the principal Act
(2) This subsection substituted Schedules 1 and 2 to the principal Act
(4) Section 21 of the principal Act shall not apply in respect of any distance licence or supplementary licence in relation to the alteration of the road user charges rates on the 15th day of June 1984 pursuant to subsection (3) of section 20 of that Act and on the 20th day of June 1984 pursuant to subsection (1) of the said section 20.
(5) Section 21 of the principal Act shall not apply in respect of the substitution by subsection (3) of this section of a new Schedule 3 to the principal Act.
(6) The Road User Charges Amendment Act 1982 is hereby consequentially amended by repealing section 3(1), 3(2), and 3(3), and Schedules 1, 2, and 3 thereto.
Subsection (3) was repealed, as from 1 February 1985, by section 3(2) Road User Charges Amendment Act (No 2) 1984 (1984 No 23).
The Road User Charges (Rates) Order 1984 and the Road User Charges (Rates) Order (No 2) 1984 are hereby revoked.
Schedule 3 was repealed, as from 1 February 1985, by section 3(2) Road User Charges Amendment Act (No 2) 1984 (1984 No 23).
2About this eprint
3List of amendments incorporated in this eprint (most recent first)
This is an eprint of the Road User Charges Amendment Act 1984. The eprint incorporates all the amendments to the Act as at 1 August 2012. The list of amendments at the end of these notes specifies all the amendments incorporated into this eprint since 3 September 2007.
Relevant provisions of any amending enactments that contain transitional, savings, or application provisions that cannot be compiled in the eprint are also included, after the principal enactment, in chronological order.
This eprint has not been officialised. For more information about eprints and officialisation, please see http://www.pco.parliament.govt.nz/eprints/ .
Road User Charges Act 2012 (2012 No 1): section 95(1)