(2) Every member of the Auckland Regional Authority elected at that triennial general election and any member elected after that date and before the 8th day of October 1988 shall, unless the member sooner vacates office for any reason, vacate office when the members elected at the triennial general election to be held on the 8th day of October 1988 come into office.
(3) Notwithstanding anything in—
the constituencies of the Auckland Regional Authority shall be as described in subsection (4) of this section; and one member of the Auckland Regional Authority shall be elected by the electors of each constituency.
(4) The constituencies of the Auckland Regional District shall be those electoral districts declared by the Governor-General by a Proclamation published in the Gazette of 1983 at page 1423 that are wholly within the Auckland Regional District, namely Birkenhead, East Coast Bays, Eden, Franklin, Glenfield, Mangere, Manurewa, Mt Albert, New Lynn, North Shore, Onehunga, Otara, Pakuranga, Panmure, Papakura, Papatoetoe, Remuera, Rodney, Roskill, Tamaki, Te Atatu, Waitakere, and West Auckland and, in addition,—
(7) For the purposes of this section the Chief Registrar of Electors shall include on any computer list compiled or computer tape recorded under section 64A of the Electoral Act 1956 for any officer of a territorial authority that is a constituent authority of the Auckland Regional District the electoral district for which every elector is enrolled, as well as the other information specified in that section.
(8) Notwithstanding anything in section 118 of the Local Elections and Polls Act 1976, the Auckland Regional Authority shall not be liable to pay or contribute towards the costs of the election of any member of the Auckland Regional Authority at the election to be held on the 11th day of October 1986, or any costs (including costs of making or printing any electors list or roll) associated with that election.