(1) Opening addresses and closing addresses for which time has been allocated to political parties under section 73 must be broadcast between 7 pm and 9 pm.
(2) All closing addresses must be broadcast on the same night in the last week of the election period.
(3) An advertising programme must not be broadcast—
(4) An election programme that is not an opening address or a closing address must not be broadcast—
(5) The Electoral Commission must—
(6) Each amount paid under subsection (5)(b) must be paid out of public money appropriated by Parliament (or deemed by section 74(2) to have been appropriated by Parliament) for the purpose specified in section 74(1).
Section 77A: substituted, on 7 December 2004, by section 15 of the Broadcasting Amendment Act 2004 (2004 No 100).