(1) The Minister may, by notice in the Gazette, direct the Secretary to appoint a limited statutory manager for the board of a school.
(2) A notice under subsection (1) must specify—
(3) Upon publication of the Gazette notice, the Secretary must, by notice to the board,—
(3A) A notice under subsection (3) appointing a person to be the limited statutory manager for the board may refer to the person appointed—
(4) On and from the date on which his or her appointment takes effect,—
(5) The board must pay the fees and expenses of a limited statutory manager appointed for it.
(6) The Minister may at any time, by notice in the Gazette, amend a notice under subsection (1), and the amendment takes effect on and from the date given in the notice.
(7) When the Minister is satisfied that the appointment of the limited statutory manager is no longer required, he or she must revoke the notice under subsection (1), in which case the appointment terminates from the date of the revocation.
Section 78M: inserted, on 25 October 2001, by section 20 of the Education Standards Act 2001 (2001 No 88).
Section 78M(3A): inserted, on 20 May 2010, by section 22 of the Education Amendment Act 2010 (2010 No 25).