(1) Subject to subsection (2), the Minister may, by notice in the Gazette,—
(2) The Minister shall not designate a school as a correspondence school, or cancel a designation as a correspondence school, without having regard to the education of people unable conveniently to get tuition from a suitable State school that is not a correspondence school.
(3) Subject to sections 102(7) and 104, where an existing State school is designated as a correspondence school, its board shall continue in office as constituted until a day specified by the Minister in the notice in the Gazette under section 95(1) determining the composition of its board, but shall go out of office on that day.
(4) With the consent of the Minister, a correspondence school may provide early childhood education.
(5) The school that was, immediately before the commencement of the Education Amendment Act 1989, a correspondence school shall be deemed to have been—
Compare: 1964 No 135 s 105
Section 152: added, on 1 January 1990, by section 14 of the Education Amendment Act 1989 (1989 No 156).