(1) A member of the council of a designated polytechnic, when acting as a member of the council in any circumstances,—
(b) must exercise the care, diligence, and skill that a reasonable person would exercise in the same circumstances, taking into account—
(c) must not disclose any information to which subsection (4) applies to any person, or make use of, or act on, that information, except—
(2) The fact that a member of the council of a designated polytechnic was appointed by the council in accordance with a statute providing for the appointment of a member (or 2 or more members) to represent the interests of a stated institution or of people or institutions of a stated description does not displace or limit the member's duty under subsection (1)(a)(ii) to act in the interests of the polytechnic as a whole.
(3) A member of the council of a designated polytechnic may disclose, make use of, or act on information to which subsection (4) applies if—
(b) disclosing, making use of, or acting on it will not, or will be unlikely to, prejudice the council or the polytechnic.
(4) This subsection applies to information that—
(5) Subparagraphs (i) to (iii) of paragraph (b) of subsection (1) do not limit the generality of that paragraph.
Section 222AH: inserted, on 1 March 2010, by section 16 of the Education (Polytechnics) Amendment Act 2009 (2009 No 70).