Heading: inserted, on 30 August 2011, by section 38 of the Education Amendment Act 2011 (2011 No 66).
(1) In this section, institution includes any institution, government training establishment, registered establishment, relevant school, industry training organisation, or other body.
(2) An institution that proposes to assess its students against standards listed on the Directory of Assessment Standards must apply to the Authority for a grant of consent to assess against those standards.
(3) The Authority may grant or refuse consent to assess against those standards.
(4) The Authority may withdraw a consent, but only after complying with subsection (5).
(5) Before the Authority withdraws a consent, it must—
(a) give written notice of its intentions to the institution; and
(b) give the institution a reasonable opportunity to respond to the notice; and
(c) consider any submissions made by the institution in response to the notice.
(6) The Authority must give the institution written notice of its decision under subsection (4), and must give reasons for its decision.
(7) Despite subsection (4), the Authority may withdraw a consent at the written request of the institution concerned.
Section 252: substituted, on 30 August 2011, by section 38 of the Education Amendment Act 2011 (2011 No 66).