(1) After the Minister receives a recommendation from the EPA under section 146, he or she may make a direction to—
(2) The Minister may make a direction under subsection (1)(a) or (b) only if he or she considers that the matter is or is part of a proposal of national significance.
(3) The Minister must apply section 142(3) in deciding whether the matter is or is part of a proposal of national significance.
(4) In deciding on making a direction under subsection (1), the Minister must have regard to—
(5) A direction made under subsection (1) must—
(6) To avoid doubt, the Minister may make a direction under subsection (1) that differs from the direction recommended by the EPA under section 146(1).
(7) For the purposes of a plan change request made, and a concurrent application lodged, under subpart 4 of Part 7A, a direction given under this section must relate to both.
Section 147: replaced, on 1 October 2009, by section 100 of the Resource Management (Simplifying and Streamlining) Amendment Act 2009 (2009 No 31).
Section 147(7): inserted, on 1 October 2011, by section 39 of the Resource Management Amendment Act (No 2) 2011 (2011 No 70).