Part 7A: inserted, on 1 January 2005, by section 20 of the Resource Management Amendment Act (No 2) 2004 (2004 No 103).
Part 7A heading: amended, on 1 October 2011, by section 48 of the Resource Management Amendment Act (No 2) 2011 (2011 No 70).
(1) This section provides a general indication of the contents of this subpart and does not affect the interpretation or application of this subpart.
(2) Subpart 1 contains provisions about managing occupation of the common marine and coastal area, in particular,—
(a) a power to refuse to receive an application for a coastal permit to occupy the common marine and coastal area if made within 1 year after refusing a similar application:
(b) provisions about the contents of a regional coastal plan:
(c) requirements for a regional council (before including a rule in a regional coastal plan or proposed regional coastal plan about the allocation of space in the common marine and coastal area) to have regard to, and be satisfied about, certain matters:
(d) a power by Order in Council to direct a regional council not to proceed with the allocation of authorisations or to proceed as specified in the order:
(e) a power of the Minister of Conservation to approve a method of allocating authorisations:
(f) general provisions about authorisations:
(g) a power of the Minister of Aquaculture, on request from a regional council, to suspend receipt of applications for coastal permits to occupy space in the common marine and coastal area for aquaculture activities or to direct a regional council to process and hear applications together.
(3) Subpart 2 has been repealed.
(4) Subpart 3 relates to applications (made on or after 23 August 2004) for coastal permits to occupy space for aquaculture activities where the relevant space is already subject to a coastal permit or deemed coastal permit and the relevant plan does not provide for a method of allocating authorisations for occupation of the space for aquaculture activities. The provisions of this subpart provide priority for the processing of applications from existing permit holders ahead of other applications.
(5) Subpart 4 provides for plan change requests and concurrent coastal permit applications in relation to a rule in a regional coastal plan that,—
(a) as at 1 October 2011, specifies an aquaculture activity as a prohibited activity; and
(b) is operative when a concurrent application is lodged.
Section 165A: replaced, on 1 October 2011, by section 49 of the Resource Management Amendment Act (No 2) 2011 (2011 No 70).