This Act is administered in the Ministry of Education.
1 Short Title and commencement
2 Parent Advocacy Council dissolved
4 Boards may borrow money
5 Grants for Boards
An Act to amend the Education Act 1989
BE IT ENACTED by the Parliament of New Zealand as follows:
(1) This Act may be cited as the Education Amendment Act (No 2) 1991, and shall be read together with and deemed part of the Education Act 1989 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act).
(2) Except as provided in section 2(4) of this Act, this Act shall come into force on the day on which it receives the Royal assent.
(1) The Parent Advocacy Council established by section 49(1) of the principal Act is hereby dissolved.
(2) All rights, assets, liabilities, and debts that the said council had immediately before the commencement of this section shall be deemed to have become the rights, assets, liabilities, and debts of the Minister of Education.
(3) The following enactments are hereby consequentially repealed:
(a) Part 6 of, and Schedule 4 to, the principal Act
(b) Section 14 of The Education Amendment Act 1990.
(4) This section shall come into force on the 1st day of October 1991.
(1) This subsection substituted section 65 of the principal Act.
(2) The following provisions are hereby repealed:
(a) This paragraph repealed section 137(e) and (f) of the principal Act.
(b) This paragraph repealed section 315 of the principal Act.
(c) Sections 16 and 27 of The Education Amendment Act 1990.
(1) This subsection substituted section 67(1) and inserted section 67(1AA) and (1AB) of the principal Act.
(2) Section 18(1) of The Education Amendment Act 1990 is hereby consequentially repealed
(1) These subsections substituted section 79 and amended section 4A of the principal Act.
Subsection (2) was repealed by section 3(3)(b) of the Education Amendment Act (No 4) 1991.
(3) Section 13 of The Education Amendment Act 1989 is hereby consequentially repealed.