(1) The Minister shall from time to time appoint persons to be deputies of members of each Review Tribunal.
(2) The deputy of each member who is a barrister or solicitor shall also be a barrister or solicitor, and the deputy of each member who is a psychiatrist shall also be a psychiatrist.
(3) Every deputy may act for the member for whom he or she is appointed during any period when that member is incapacitated by illness, absence from New Zealand, or other sufficient cause from performing the duties of office, or during the absence of that member from any place at which a meeting of the Review Tribunal is to be held.
(4) No deputy may act for more than 1 member at the same time.
(5) Every deputy shall, while acting as such, be deemed to be a member of the Review Tribunal.
(6) No acts done by a deputy as such, and no acts done by the Review Tribunal while any deputy is acting as such, shall in any proceedings be questioned on the ground that the occasion for the deputy to act had not arisen or had ceased.