(1) A medical practitioner who issues a certificate, notice, or statement in writing for the purposes of, and in accordance with, this Act must be paid the prescribed fee.
(2) If no fee is prescribed, such a medical practitioner must be paid the fee that the Minister, with the concurrence of the Minister of Finance, directs from time to time.
(3) In any particular case to which subsection (2) applies, the Minister may withhold the whole or any part of the fee.
(4) Fees payable under subsection (2) are met from any appropriation by Parliament for the purpose.
(5) No fees are payable under this section to a medical practitioner employed by a service or by the Ministry of Health, for anything done in the course of that employment.
Section 134: substituted, on 1 April 2000, by section 74 of the Mental Health (Compulsory Assessment and Treatment) Amendment Act 1999 (1999 No 140).