(1) The Board may, on payment of the prescribed fee (if any), issue to any person a limited certificate for the purposes of section 77.
(2) The Board may issue the limited certificate subject to any terms and conditions that the Board thinks fit.
(3) The Board may, by written notice to a person, revoke, amend, or add to any term or condition imposed in relation to that person's certificate.
(4) A limited certificate issued under this section, unless it is sooner cancelled, is in force for the period, not exceeding 5 years, specified in the certificate, but it may from time to time be renewed for a further term not exceeding 5 years.
(5) The Board may, if it thinks fit, refuse to renew any limited certificate.
(6) A limited certificate issued under this section may be cancelled by the Board—
Section 78: substituted, on 1 April 2010, by section 13 of the Electricity Amendment Act 2006 (2006 No 70).