(1) Except as provided in this section, every meeting of the Board shall be in public.
(2) The Board may deliberate in private as to its decision in any matter or as to any question arising in the course of any proceedings before it.
(3) If the Board is of the opinion that it is proper to do so, having regard to the interests of any person and to the public interest, it may, of its own motion or on the application of any party to the proceedings,—
(4) Every application to the Board under subsection (3) shall be heard in private, but the other parties to the proceedings shall be entitled to be present and to make submissions with regard to the application.
(5) In any case where a hearing of the Board is held in private, the Board may allow any particular person to attend the private hearing if it is satisfied that the person has a special and proper interest in the matter to be heard.
(6) Unless reversed or modified in respect of its currency by the court on an appeal under Part 12, an order made under any of paragraphs (b) to (d) of subsection (3) shall continue in force until such time as may be specified in the order, or, if no time is specified, until the Board, in its discretion, revokes it on the application of any party to the proceedings in which the order was made.
(7) Every person commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding $5,000 who, without lawful excuse, acts in contravention of any order made by the Board under any of paragraphs (b) to (d) of subsection (3).
Section 153(6): amended, on 1 April 2010, by section 16(1) of the Electricity Amendment Act 2006 (2006 No 70).
Section 153(7): amended, on 1 April 2010, by section 16(2) of the Electricity Amendment Act 2006 (2006 No 70).