Heading: inserted, on 1 April 2010, by section 13 of the Electricity Amendment Act 2006 (2006 No 70).
(1) The Secretary must, as soon as practicable after being informed by the Registrar of a complaint, appoint an investigator to investigate the complaint.
(2) The person appointed as the investigator must not be—
(a) a member of the Board; or
(b) the person who made the complaint.
(3) The appointment must be made in accordance with regulations (if any).
(4) No investigator is personally liable for any act done or omitted to be done by the investigator in good faith in the performance or intended performance of the functions, duties, or powers of the investigator under this Act.
(5) The Secretary must pay to the investigator, by way of remuneration and expenses for his or her services, the sum that is agreed upon between the investigator and the Secretary.
Section 145: substituted, on 1 April 2010, by section 13 of the Electricity Amendment Act 2006 (2006 No 70).