Heading: inserted, on 1 April 2010, by section 13 of the Electricity Amendment Act 2006 (2006 No 70).
(1) The Board may make an order under subsection (2)—
(a) before or after a notice has been served on a person under section 147H; and
(b) if it is satisfied that it is necessary to do so having regard to the need to protect the safety of members of the public.
(2) An order under this subsection is either—
(a) an order suspending the person's practising licence or provisional licence; or
(b) an order disqualifying a person from doing, or assisting in doing, prescribed electrical work that the person would otherwise be authorised to do or assist in doing.
(3) An order under subsection (2) continues in force until—
(a) the investigator determines that the complaint should not be considered by the Board; or
(b) the Board determines that it should not exercise its disciplinary powers under section 147M; or
(c) the Board does any of the things authorised by section 147M.
(4) The Board may make an order under subsection (2) on the recommendation of the investigator or on its own motion.
(5) Despite section 156, the Board is not required to give any notice to a person that it intends to make an order under subsection (2) in respect of that person.
Section 147I: inserted, on 1 April 2010, by section 13 of the Electricity Amendment Act 2006 (2006 No 70).