(1) An infringement notice may not be issued by a person after the close of the 14th day after the person becomes aware of the alleged infringement offence.
(2) An infringement notice may be served on a person—
(b) by sending it, or a copy of it, by post, addressed to the person at the person's last known place of residence or business.
(3) For the purposes of the Summary Proceedings Act 1957, an infringement notice sent under subsection (2)(b) must be treated as having been served on the person on the date it was posted.
(4) An infringement notice must be in the prescribed form and must contain—
(5) If an infringement notice has been issued, proceedings in respect of the infringement offence to which the notice relates may be commenced in accordance with section 21 of the Summary Proceedings Act 1957 and, in that case,—
(6) Reminder notices must contain the prescribed information.
Section 165C: inserted, on 1 April 2010, by section 24 of the Electricity Amendment Act 2006 (2006 No 70).