128B Electoral Commission must record and notify change in component parties

If the component parties of a political party listed in the copy of any declaration received by the Electoral Commission under section 127(3A) differ from those recorded in the Register of Political Parties established by section 62(2), the Electoral Commission—


must amend the Register so that the component parties recorded in the Register are the same as those recorded in the declaration made to the Electoral Commission; and


must, immediately after amending the Register under paragraph (a), publish in the Gazette a notice of the amendment made under that paragraph.

Section 128B: substituted, on 1 October 2010, by section 32(2)(a) of the Electoral (Administration) Amendment Act 2010 (2010 No 26).