(1) Every signatory to an indicative referendum petition—
(2) Failure by a signatory to comply with any of the requirements of subsection (1) shall not of itself prevent the signature of that signatory from being used for the purposes of determining the number of signatures that must be checked in accordance with section 19.
(3) The promoter shall deliver the indicative referendum petition to the Clerk of the House of Representatives within 12 months after the date of the publication in the Gazette of the notice required by section 13(1)(b).
(4) Subject to section 20, no pages or signatures shall be added to an indicative referendum petition after it has been delivered to the Clerk of the House of Representatives.
(5) An indicative referendum petition shall lapse if it is not delivered to the Clerk of the House of Representatives within the time prescribed by subsection (3).
Section 15: substituted, on 6 December 1995, by section 3 of the Citizens Initiated Referenda Amendment Act 1995 (1995 No 62).