(1) The librarian of a prescribed library may, if the conditions contained in subsection (2) are complied with, make a copy of a literary, dramatic, or musical work and any artistic work included in the work, where the copy is—
without infringing copyright in the literary, dramatic, musical, or artistic work or the typographical arrangement of the published edition.
(2) The conditions referred to in subsection (1) are that the librarian to whom the copy of the work is supplied—
(3) In subsection (2)(d), the term equitable remuneration means a sum agreed by the librarian and the copyright owner or, in the absence of agreement, a sum determined by the Tribunal on an application under section 168.
(4) This section does not apply to a literary work that is a computer program.
(5) In this section, copy includes a digital copy, but in that case section 56C applies as well.
Compare: 1962 No 3 s 21(2); Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 s 41 (UK)
Section 54(5): added, on 31 October 2008, by section 34 of the Copyright (New Technologies) Amendment Act 2008 (2008 No 27).