Waikato Raupatu Claims Settlement Act 1995

17 Issue of certificates of title
  • Where any settlement property, or residual Crown land, for which no certificate of title has been issued under the Land Transfer Act 1952

    • (a) is vested in the Crown; but

    • (b) is to be acquired by the land holding trustee,—

    then, notwithstanding any other enactment or rule of law, the District Land Registrar shall, at the request of the Commissioner of Crown Lands and after completion of such survey (if any) as may be necessary, issue a certificate of title under the Land Transfer Act 1952 for the settlement property or residual Crown land in the name of the Crown, and that certificate of title shall be subject to, and shall have the benefit of, any relevant easements, encumbrances, restrictions, and other interests.