(1) This section applies if a bylaw to which section 10(6)(a) applies is required (by the operation of section 20(4)) to be reviewed by a territorial authority under section 158 or 159 of the Local Government Act 2002.
(2) The territorial authority must review the bylaw by making the determinations required by section 155 of that Act in the context of a reconsideration of the matters in section 10(4) of this Act.
(3) If, after the review, the territorial authority considers that the bylaw should be amended, revoked, or revoked and replaced, it must—
(4) If, after the review, the territorial authority considers that the bylaw should continue without amendment, it must use the special consultative procedure set out in section 83 of the Local Government Act 2002.
(5) For the purposes of subsection (4), the statement of proposal referred to in section 83(1)(a) of that Act must include—
Section 10AA: inserted, on 28 June 2006, by section 6 of the Dog Control Amendment Act 2006 (2006 No 23).