1 Short Title and commencement
2 New Part 31 substituted
3 Residual powers of Auckland Regional Council
An Act to amend the Local Government Act 1974
BE IT ENACTED by the Parliament of New Zealand as follows:
(1) This Act may be cited as the Local Government Amendment Act (No 4) 1996, and shall be read together with and deemed part of the Local Government Act 1974 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act).
(2) This Act shall come into force on the day after the date on which this Act receives the Royal assent.
(1) This subsection substituted Part 31 of the principal Act.
(2) The Health Reforms (Transitional Provisions) Act 1993 is hereby consequentially amended by repealing so much of Schedule 4 as relates to section 539(b) of the Local Government Act 1975.
(2) The following enactments are hereby revoked:
(a) The Order in Council made on the 29th day of March 1976, which was published in the Gazette of the 14th day of April 1976 at page 807 and which transferred to the Auckland Regional Authority the refuse disposal function of every constituent authority within the Auckland Regional District; and
(b) The Refuse Disposal Bylaw 1976 and any other bylaw made pursuant to the order specified in paragraph (a) of this subsection.
Subsection (1) was repealed, as from 1 July 2003, by section 266 Local Government Act 2002 (2002 No 84).
Section 8 of the Local Government Amendment Act (No 2) 1992 is hereby consequentially repealed.