1 Short Title and commencement
Part 1Termination of salaries grant for management
2 Payment of salaries of certain teachers out of grants
Part 2Incorporation of institution in another institution
3 Disestablishment of institutions
4 Powers of institutions
5 Powers of Councils
An Act to amend the Education Act 1989
BE IT ENACTED by the Parliament of New Zealand as follows:
(1) This Act may be cited as the Education Amendment Act 1998, and is part of the Education Act 1989 (the principal Act).
(2) Part 1 comes into force on 15 July 1998.
(3) The rest of this Act comes into force on the day after the date on which this Act receives the Royal assent.
(1) Section 91E of the principal Act is repealed.
(2) As a consequence of the repeal of section 91E of the principal Act, the principal Act is amended by—
(a) Repealing section 91A(2):
(b) Omitting from section 91C the words “but subject to section 91E of this Act,”:
“but subject to section 91E of this Act,”
(c) Repealing section 91F(a).
(1) This subsection substituted s 164(4) of the principal Act.
(2) This section amended s 164(5) of the principal Act.
(3) This section amended s 164(6) of the principal Act.
(1) This subsection inserted s 192(2)(aa) of the principal Act.
(2) This subsection amended s 192(2)(b)(ii) of the principal Act.
This section substituted s 193(2)(e) and inserted s 193(2)(ea) of the principal Act.