(1) A member of the Board may be represented by another member of the Board (that other member is in this clause referred to as a representative).
(2) A member may, by written notice to the Registrar or other appropriate officer, appoint a representative to represent the member on the Board, for 1 or more specific meetings that have been called or are proposed to be called, whenever the member is absent or unable to act as a member of the Board.
(3) The appointment of a representative ceases if—
(4) A notice referred to in subclauses (2) or (3) may be delivered by hand or sent by mail or electronic transmission.
(5) Subject to subclause (6), a representative may vote on behalf of the member whom he or she represents, and has and may exercise all the powers, rights, privileges, and duties of that member.
(6) A representative may not, in his or her capacity as representative,—
(7) The voting and other powers that a person has as a representative are in addition to the powers that the person has as a member of the Board.
Compare: 1993 No 95 Second Schedule, cl 5