(1) In this section and section 139A, regional park—
(a) means land—
(ii) acquired or used principally for community, recreational, environmental, cultural, or spiritual purposes; and
(2) For the purpose of enabling a regional council to protect a regional park or part of a regional park in its region, the Governor-General may, by Order in Council made on the recommendation of the Minister, declare the park or the part of the park to be protected in perpetuity from disposition (by sale or otherwise).
(3) The Minister must not make a recommendation unless the regional council has requested the Minister to do so.
(4) An Order in Council does not prevent a regional council from disposing of part of the regional park to which the order applies—
(5) However, subsection (4) applies only if—
(6) Any land within the meaning of subsection (1)(b) that is included in an Order in Council—
(7) An Order in Council must specify the regional park or the part of the regional park to which the order applies—
Section 139: substituted, on 28 June 2006, by section 14 of the Local Government Act 2002 Amendment Act 2006 (2006 No 26).