(1) Only the following persons may attend a hearing of proceedings (other than criminal proceedings) under this Act:
(2) The Judge must agree to a request under subsection (1)(h) unless the Judge considers there is a good reason why the named support persons should not be permitted to be present.
(3) No support persons for a party for whom no lawyer is acting may help the party conduct his or her case.
(4) If, during a hearing, the Judge requests a person of any of the following kinds to leave the courtroom, the person must do so:
(5) However, in considering, at or before a hearing, whether to exclude from the courtroom a person who may attend under section 138(2)(b), the Judge must take into account all relevant objections under section 138(3)(b).
(6) Nothing in this section limits any other power of the court—
Compare: 1968 No 63 s 27
Section 137(6)(ab): inserted, on 18 May 2009, by section 16 of the Care of Children Amendment Act 2008 (2008 No 74).