(1) The Registrar may disclose any personal information specified in subsection (10) to an overseas or international agency, body, or person whose functions include the regulation of immigration advisers.
(2) The disclosure of personal information under subsection (1) must be—
(3) The Registrar must not enter into an agreement under subsection (2)(a) unless satisfied that its purpose is to help the Authority carry out its functions under this Act, or to help the person, agency, or body carry out its functions relating to—
(4) An agreement under subsection (2)(a)—
(d) must state, in respect of personal information to be disclosed, the use the agency, body, or person may make of it and either—
(i) that the agency, body, or person must not disclose it to any other agency, body, or person; or
(ii) the other agencies, bodies, or persons to which the agency, body, or person may disclose any of it, and the extent to which and conditions subject to which the agency, body, or person may do so; and
(6) The Privacy Commissioner must not require the Registrar to undertake a review of an agreement under subsection (5)(c) within 12 months of last doing so.
(7) This section does not limit the general powers of the Registrar or the Authority to enter into agreements not related to the disclosure of personal information with any overseas agency, body, or person.
(8) The Registrar may disclose personal information to an overseas agency, body, or person without a written agreement under subsection (2)(a) if—
(9) The Registrar must not disclose any personal information under subsection (8) unless satisfied that it relates to—
(a) any application, request, or other action taken by the person to whom the personal information relates, to undertake functions or be formally recognised as an immigration adviser; or
(b) any investigation, or any disciplinary or enforcement action that is proposed to be taken, or being taken, by the agency, body, or person in relation to the person to whom the personal information relates (where that investigation or that disciplinary or enforcement action relates to the person's actions or alleged actions as an immigration adviser).
(10) The personal information that may be disclosed under this section is—
(b) if a person is licensed, whether the person has been granted a full licence, a limited licence, or a provisional licence, and the details of the licence:
(11) In this section,—
immigration adviser means a person who provides, or purports to provide (whether lawfully or unlawfully), immigration advice, whether or not that advice concerns an immigration matter under New Zealand law and whether or not relating to New Zealand
personal information means information about an identifiable person.