(1) A licensee may, by written notice to the Registrar, surrender his or her licence.
(2) A written notice under subsection (1) must be accompanied by the licence.
(3) The Registrar must cancel the person’s licence and record the cancellation in the register.
(4) The cancellation takes effect on the date the cancellation is recorded in the register.
(5) The surrender of a licence under this section does not affect the licensee’s liability—
(a) to pay any fees or other money payable or to be payable in accordance with this Act on or before the date on which the licence would, but for its surrender, expire:
(b) to perform any obligation required to be performed by him or her by or under this Act on or before that date:
(c) for any act done or default made before the date on which the licence ceased to have effect.