PURSUANT to the Reserves and Domains Act 1953, the Name Domain Board hereby makes the following bylaws for the control and administration of the domain.
1 In these bylaws
Board means the [Name] Domain Board appointed under the Reserves and Domains Act 1953
Domain means the [Name] Domain comprising—
Domain Open to the Public
(1) Subject to the provisions of these bylaws, the Domain shall be open to the public at all times, except during such hours as the Board determines that the Domain shall be closed to the public.
(2) No person shall enter the Domain or remain therein during the hours when the Domain is closed to the public.
No person shall leave open any gate in the Domain.
Except with the prior written permission of the Board, no person shall within the Domain carry or use any weapon or instrument of a dangerous character (including, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing provisions, any bow and arrow, catapult, or shanghai).
Throwing Stones, etc.
No person shall throw any stick, stone, or other missile within the Domain.
Tents, Booths, and Other Structures
No person shall put up or erect any stall, booth, tent, swing, or structure of any kind within the Domain, except with the prior written permission of the Board and then only at such place, for such time or term, of such dimensions, and subject to such conditions as are specified in the permit. Any fee charged by the Board in respect of the permit shall be payable in advance.
Selling Food and Drink
(1) No person shall within the Domain sell or offer or expose for sale or have in his possession for the purposes of sale any article of food or merchandise or any drink (whether intoxicating or otherwise), or carry on any trade, pursuit, or calling, except with the prior permission in writing of the Board and then only in compliance with every condition specified in the permit:
Provided that no such permit shall be deemed to authorise the sale or offering or exposing for sale or the having in possession for the purpose of sale of any intoxicating liquor in contravention of any provision of the Licensing Act 1908.
(2) No person shall at any time consume in the Domain, or remain in the Domain for the purpose of consuming, any intoxicating liquor unless it has been lawfully sold in the Domain in accordance with the provisions of subclause (1) of this bylaw.
(1) No person shall within the Domain permit or cause wastage of water or permit any water tap to flow for a longer period than is reasonably required to obtain water for drinking or cooking or other lawful purposes within the Domain.
(2) No person shall in any manner pollute or otherwise render unfit for use for any purpose (whether for human consumption or not) any water supply within the Domain.
(1) No person shall bring any dog into the Domain, or allow any dog in his custody or charge or under his control to be within the Domain, unless in either case the dog is led on a leash or is otherwise properly secured to the satisfaction of some person authorised by the Board.
(2) Any person authorised by the Board (either generally or in any particular case) may seize and detain any dog found within the Domain not secured as aforesaid. If the owner of the dog is not known to the Board or cannot reasonably be ascertained, and the dog is not claimed within forty-eight hours, the dog may be destroyed after the expiration of forty-eight hours by any person authorised by the Board (either generally or in any particular case).
Sports and Games
(1) No person shall play at or engage in any sport or game in the Domain or any specified part of the Domain if he is expressly forbidden to do so by any person authorised by the Board.
(2) No person (not being a competitor or official taking part in the sport or game) shall, if forbidden to do so by a person authorised by the Board (either generally or in any particular case) or by any constable, enter in or remain on any portion of the Domain marked out as the playing area for any sport or game while that sport or game is in progress.
Vehicle and Other Traffic
(1) No person shall drive or ride any animal or any vehicle (whether propelled by mechanical power or not) within the Domain in a manner which, having regard to all the circumstances of the case, is or might be dangerous to the public or to any person.
(2) No person shall take, ride, or drive any animal or any vehicle (whether propelled by mechanical power (or not) into or in the Domain except upon such parts as are laid off for vehicular traffic.
(1) No person shall park any vehicle (not being a bicycle) within the Domain except in a place set aside by the Board for the parking of vehicles.
(2) No person shall stop or stand any vehicle within the Domain in such a place that it causes or is likely to cause an obstruction to any entrance, thoroughfare, path, or walk in the Domain.
(3) In this bylaw the term park, in the relation to any vehicle, means to stand the vehicle in the Domain for a period exceeding five minutes.
Assemblage of Persons
(1) No person shall attend or take part in any organised meeting or assemblage of persons for sport or games or any other purposes whatsoever or any organised picnic within the Domain, unless the holding of the meeting or assemblage or picnic in the Domain has been permitted in writing by the Board.
(2) For the purposes of this bylaw an organised meeting or assemblage or picnic is one that is attended by the employees or members of any Government Department, trade union, club, company, firm, incorporated body, religious organisation, or other body of persons, or any group of several of such organisations.
Notices and Bills
Except with the prior permission in writing of the Board, no person shall post any placard, bill, poster, or notice within the Domain, or interfere with any placard, bill, poster, or notice lawfully erected in the Domain, or, if called upon to desist by any person authorised by the Board (either generally or in any particular case), distribute any handbill or notice within or at any entrance to the Domain.
Grass Plots and Flower Beds
(1) No person shall walk on any grass plot or other place within the Domain where the same is prohibited by a notice to that effect.
(2) No person shall walk on any flower bed or shrubbery within the Domain.
Damage to Property
No person shall remove, disturb, break, destroy, paint or carve or write names or letters or words or figures or devices on, or deface any building, object of art, natural object, erection, tool, instrument, seat, gate, bridge, fence, or tree within the Domain.
No person shall within the Domain wilfully obstruct, disturb, annoy, or interfere with any other person in the lawful use or enjoyment of the Domain.
No person shall, if forbidden so to do by any person authorised by the Board (either generally or in any particular case), use or play any instrument (musical or otherwise) or loudspeaker in the Domain, or cause in any way any sound or noise that disturbs or annoys or is likely to disturb or annoy other occupiers or users of the Domain.
No person shall camp in the Domain except in a place set aside by the Board for camping purposes, and then only upon payment of such fee as the Board prescribes.
Every person who commits breach of these bylaws commits an offence and is liable accordingly to the penalty prescribed in section 91 of the Reserves and Domains Act 1953, namely, a fine not exceeding £20.