(1) All practicable measures shall be taken to prevent dust escaping from blasting enclosures, and from any apparatus connected therewith, into the air of any room or workplace.
(2) Every door of a blasting enclosure shall be kept closed while blasting is being done therein.
(3) Blasting enclosures and all equipment associated therewith shall be of sound construction and properly maintained.
(4) Means, to the satisfaction of the Inspector, shall be provided in the door or walls of every blasting chamber of such size and maintained in such condition as to give a full view of the operator by any person outside the chamber.
(5) There shall be provided and maintained in connection with every blasting enclosure efficient apparatus for separating, as far as practicable, abrasive which has been used in blasting apparatus and which is to be used again as an abrasive from dust or particles of other material arising from blasting, and no such abrasive shall again be introduced into blasting apparatus until it has been so separated.
(6) There shall be provided and maintained in connection with every blasting enclosure efficient ventilating plant to extract, by exhaust draught effected by mechanical means, dust produced in the enclosure and to remove and dispose of any such dust so that it shall not escape into the air of any room or workplace or constitute a nuisance in the vicinity of the blasting enclosure.
(7) Every bag used for filtering the dust and every other filtering or settling device situated in a room in which persons are employed, other than persons attending to the bag or other filtering or settling device, shall be completely separated from the general air of that room in an enclosure ventilated to the open air.
(8) Means of access to and egress from every blasting chamber shall be provided to the satisfaction of the Inspector.
(9) A stop valve shall be installed to the satisfaction of the Inspector at a conveniently accessible point on the compressed air supply line outside the blasting chamber.
(10) The ventilating plant shall be left in continuous operation during all blasting operations, and for at least five minutes after blasting operations have ceased, and in the case of a blasting chamber shall be in operation when any person is inside the chamber for the purpose of cleaning or repair work:
Provided that where it is necessary to enter a blasting chamber to repair the ventilating system and it is not practicable to keep the ventilating system in continuous operation, no person shall enter the blasting chamber until one hour has passed since the last blasting operation was performed.
(11) The occupier shall ensure that every blasting enclosure shall be specially inspected by a person competent for the purpose in every week in which it is used for blasting. Every blasting enclosure, the apparatus connected therewith, and the ventilating plant provided in connection with the enclosure shall be thoroughly examined and, in the case of ventilating plant, tested, by a person competent for the purpose at least once in every month.
(12) Any defect found on any such inspection, examination, or test shall be immediately reported by the person carrying out the inspection, examination, or test to the occupier, and, without prejudice to the fore going requirements of these regulations, shall be remedied without avoidable delay.