Application for Confirmation of Bylaws
To the Minister of Local Government, Wellington.
Pursuant to section 3 of the Bylaws Act 1910, I hereby apply for the confirmation of the bylaw (or bylaws) made by the [Name of local authority], and sealed with its seal on the making thereof on the ...... day of ............... 19 .... . A copy of the said bylaw (or bylaws), under the seal of the local authority, is attached.
I enclose a statutory declaration in accordance with the requirements of the said section 3, and also the fee of $10 prescribed by the regulations.
|Dated at||this||day of||19 .|
| || ||..................|| |
| ||Mayor (or Chairman, or Clerk) of the [Name of local authority].|
Under Section 3 of the Bylaws Act 1910
I, [Name in full], of [Address], [Occupation], being the solicitor (or a member, officer, or servant) of the [Name of local authority], solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:
1. That the sealed copy of the bylaw (or bylaws) attached hereto is a true and correct copy of the bylaw (or bylaws) made by the said local authority and sealed with its seal on the making thereof on the day of 19 .
2. That the said bylaw (or bylaws) was (or were) made by the said local authority in pursuance and exercise of the power conferred upon it by section of the [Name of authorising Act].
3. That the following is a true statement of the procedure adopted by the said local authority in making the said bylaw (or bylaws): [Here set out fully the procedure adopted, specifying particulars as to notices and dates of meetings, dates of advertisements, name of newspaper in which advertisements published, etc]
4. That the common seal of the said local authority was affixed to the said bylaw (or bylaws) on the day of 19 , and the said bylaw (or bylaws) came into force (or will come into force) on the day of 19
5. That all conditions of the validity and operation of the said bylaw (or bylaws) up to the date of this declaration have been duly fulfilled or performed.
6. That the said bylaw (or bylaws) has (or have) been duly published in accordance with the requirements of section of the [name of Act requiring publication.]*.
And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957.
| ||[Signature of declarant.]|
Declared at this day of 19 , before me—
| ||Justice of the Peace (or Solicitor, or Postmaster, or officer authorised to take statutory declarations).|
* This paragraph may be omitted if publication is not required by the Act authorising the bylaws.