(1) The enactments specified in Schedule 2 are hereby amended in the manner indicated in that schedule.
(2) The Governor-General may, by Order in Council, amend any local or private Act so as to achieve all or any of the following ends:
(a) the substitution of references to the Minister of Conservation for references to the Minister of Agriculture, the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries, the Minister of Fisheries, the Minister of Forests, the Minister of Internal Affairs, the Minister of Lands, the Minister of Marine, the Minister of Transport, the Land Settlement Board, or any Commissioner of Crown Lands:
(b) the substitution of references to the Director-General of Conservation for references to the Director-General of Agriculture, the Director-General of Agriculture and Fisheries, the Director-General of Forests, the Secretary for Internal Affairs, the Under-Secretary of Internal Affairs, the Director-General of Lands, the Secretary for Marine, the Secretary for Transport, the Land Settlement Board, or any Commissioner of Crown Lands:
(c) the substitution of references to the Department of Conservation for references to the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, the Department of Agriculture, the New Zealand Forest Service, the Department of Internal Affairs, the Marine Department, the Ministry of Transport, the Transport Department, or the Department within the meaning of section 2 of the Survey Act 1986.
(3) The regulations specified in Schedule 3 are hereby amended in the manner indicated in that schedule.
(4) The regulations specified in Schedule 3 may be amended or revoked as if the amendments specified in that schedule had been effected by regulation and not by this Act.
(5) The State Forest Parks and Forest Recreation Regulations 1979 are hereby deemed to have been made under section 48, and may be amended or revoked accordingly.
(7) After the commencement of this Act, every reference in—
(a) any regulation, order, Proclamation, notice, rule, notification, certificate, agreement, deed, instrument, application, licence, authority, permit or other document whatsoever made, given, issued, granted, or entered into pursuant to, by, or under the Wildlife Act 1953 or any former corresponding enactment; or
to the Minister of, Secretary for, or Department of Internal Affairs shall be read as a reference to the Minister, Director-General, or, as the case may be, Department of Conservation.
(8) After the commencement of this Act, references in any bylaws made under section 56 of the National Parks Act 1980 to the Department of Lands and Survey or to the Commissioner of Crown Lands shall be read as references to the Department of Conservation or to the Director-General of Conservation, respectively.
(9), (10) Amendment(s) incorporated in the order(s).
(11) The orders specified in subsections (9) and (10) may be amended or revoked as if the amendments effected by those subsections had been effected by Order in Council made under section 165 of the Harbours Act 1950.
(12) The following provisions shall apply in respect of every management plan approved under any former Act in relation to the management of any area that, on or after the commencement of this Act, became or becomes a conservation area or an area subject to section 61 or section 62:
(c) any such plan or any part of any such plan that is inconsistent with any provision of this Act may, with the agreement of the appropriate Conservation Board, be declared by the Minister to have been withdrawn; and any plan or part declared to have been withdrawn under this paragraph shall cease to have effect:
(d) where the objectives of any such plan are generally consistent with this Act, and the Director-General and the appropriate Conservation Board agree, the plan may be reviewed under section 17H or amended under section 17I.
(13) Where there was in force immediately before the commencement of this Act any licence, permit, approval, or consent under the Harbours Act 1950 that, if granted, issued, or given, after that commencement, would have had to be granted, issued, or given by—
it shall continue in force as if so granted, issued, or given, and may be amended, revoked, or renewed, accordingly.
(14) Notwithstanding the repeal or amendment of any provision in the Marine Farming Act 1971, the validity, invalidity, effect, or consequences of any thing already done or suffered in respect of any licence, permit, approval, or consent under that Act, shall not be affected:
provided that any change in requirements as to any consent, renewal, amendment, or any other such matter relating thereto and either provided for by this Act or occurring on or after 1 April 1987 shall be deemed to apply to such licences, permits, approvals, or consents under the Marine Farming Act 1971 as appropriate.
Section 65(2)(c): amended, on 1 July 1996, by section 5 of the Survey Amendment Act 1996 (1996 No 55).
Section 65(5): substituted, on 10 April 1990, by section 35(1) of the Conservation Law Reform Act 1990 (1990 No 31).
Section 65(12): substituted, on 10 April 1990, by section 35(2) of the Conservation Law Reform Act 1990 (1990 No 31).
Section 65(14): added (with effect on 1 April 1987), on 2 July 1987, by section 11(1) of the State-Owned Enterprises Amendment Act 1987 (1987 No 117).