Michael Hardie Boys, Governor-General
At Wellington this 23rd day of August 1999
Present:His Excellency the Governor-General in Council
Manukau Harbour Pilotage Limits Order 1999: expired, on 1 April 2003, by clause 2.
This order is administered by the Ministry of Transport.
PURSUANT to section 15 of the Local Government Amendment Act (No 2) 1999, His Excellency the Governor-General, acting by and with the advice and consent of the Executive Council, makes the following order.
1 Title and commencement
3 Manukau Harbour Pilotage District
SchedulePilotage District Limits
(1) This order may be cited as the Manukau Harbour Pilotage Limits Order 1999.
(2) This order comes into force on 24 September 1999.
This order expires with the close of 31 March 2003.
The limits specified in the Schedule are the limits of the Manukau Harbour Pilotage District.
(1) For the purposes of the Local Government Amendment Act (No 2) 1999, pilots may act within the limits of the Manukau Harbour Pilotage District.
(2) Nothing in this order requires a ship in the Manukau Harbour Pilotage District to carry a pilot unless the vessel is carrying any of the following cargoes in bulk:
(3) In this order, in bulk means carried in the cargo or other spaces of a ship without any intermediate form of containment or packaging.
Marie Shroff,Clerk of the Executive Council.
This note is not part of the order, but is intended to indicate its general effect.
This order, which comes into force on 24 September 1999 and expires with the close of 31 March 2003, defines the limits of the Manukau Harbour Pilotage District.
It requires all ships that carry oil, gas, or chemical cargo in bulk to employ the services of a pilot when navigating the Manukau Harbour Pilotage District.
Issued under the authority of the Acts and Regulations Publication Act 1989.
Date of notification in Gazette: 26 August 1999.