Reprintas at 19 January 2015
Jerry Mateparae, Governor-General
At Wellington this 11th day of June 2012
Present:His Excellency the Governor-General in Council
Changes authorised by subpart 2 of Part 2 of the Legislation Act 2012 have been made in this official reprint.
Note 4 at the end of this reprint provides a list of the amendments incorporated.
These regulations are administered by the Ministry of Transport.
Pursuant to section 89(p) and (q) of the Road User Charges Act 2012, His Excellency the Governor-General, acting on the advice and with the consent of the Executive Council, makes the following regulations.
4 Infringement offences and fees
Schedule 1Infringement offences and fees
Schedule 2Infringement fee for infringement offence against section 10(2) of Act involving heavy RUC vehicle
These regulations are the Road User Charges (Infringement Offences) Regulations 2012.
These regulations come into force on 1 August 2012.
(1) In these regulations, Act means the Road User Charges Act 2012.
(2) The brief descriptions of offences given in the second column of Schedule 1 are intended to be only an indication of the content of the provisions to which they relate, and are not intended to be used in the interpretation of the provisions.
(3) Terms or expressions used and not defined in these regulations but defined in the Act have, in these regulations, the same meaning as they have in the Act.
(1) A breach of a provision of the Act specified in the first column of Schedule 1 is an infringement offence against the Act for which the infringement fee is,—
(a) for an individual, the fee specified in relation to that offence in the third column of Schedule 1:
(b) for a body corporate, the fee specified in relation to that offence in the fourth column of Schedule 1.
(2) An offence against section 10(2) of the Act is an infringement offence against the Act for which the infringement fee is,—
(a) for an offence involving a light RUC vehicle, $200:
(b) for an offence involving a heavy RUC vehicle, the fee specified in the second column of Schedule 2 that relates to the amount of distance by which the distance reading for the vehicle exceeds the maximum reading specified on the distance licence for the vehicle.
Schedule 1: amended, on 19 January 2015, by regulation 4 of the Road User Charges (Infringement Offences) Amendment Regulations 2014 (LI 2014/375).
Michael Webster,for Clerk of the Executive Council.
Issued under the authority of the Legislation Act 2012.
Date of notification in Gazette: 14 June 2012.
This is a reprint of the Road User Charges (Infringement Offences) Regulations 2012 that incorporates all the amendments to those regulations as at the date of the last amendment to them.
Reprints are presumed to correctly state, as at the date of the reprint, the law enacted by the principal enactment and by any amendments to that enactment. Section 18 of the Legislation Act 2012 provides that this reprint, published in electronic form, has the status of an official version under section 17 of that Act. A printed version of the reprint produced directly from this official electronic version also has official status.
Editorial and format changes to reprints are made using the powers under sections 24 to 26 of the Legislation Act 2012. See also http://www.pco.parliament.govt.nz/editorial-conventions/ .
Road User Charges (Infringement Offences) Amendment Regulations 2014 (LI 2014/375)