Denise Roche, in Committee, to move the following amendment:
New clause 10A
After clause 10 (after line 31 on page 6), insert:
10A Obligation to prepare, present, and publish casino impact report
(1) SKYCITY must provide the Gambling Commission with a casino impact report in relation to SKYCITY Casino annually on or before 1 July.
(2) The casino impact report under subsection (1) must be prepared by a person approved by the Commission as independent of the applicant, and must––
(3) The Gambling Commission may specify the research to be undertaken in preparing a casino impact report.
(4) SKYCITY must pay for the preparation of the casino impact report.
(5) The Minister must present the casino impact report to the House of Representatives within 5 working days after the Minister receives the Casino impact report or, if Parliament is not in session, as soon as possible after the commencement of the next session of Parliament.
(6) SKYCITY must publish its casino impact report as soon as practicable after it has been presented to the House of Representatives, but in any case not later than 10 working days after the casino impact report is received by the Minister.
This Supplementary Order Paper amends the New Zealand International Convention Centre Bill. This Supplementary Order Paper introduces an obligation on SKYCITY to prepare, present and publish a casino impact report. By extending the SKYCITY licence to 2048, this bill removes the requirement for the Gambling Commission to assess an independent report on the social and economic impact of the casino as a part of the normal process to renew the casino venue licence. In place of this process, this SOP introduces a requirement for a regular casino impact report.